Maintenance Technician II (Electronics Technician) 2ndApply Job ID 39996 Date posted 09/21/2021
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Entry Level
LOCATION: Clarksville, TN
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
Maintenance Technicians ll conducts preventive maintenance and equipment/facility repair maintenance which includes mechanical, electrical and electronics to ensure production of high-quality tobacco semi-finished products.
What is the direct impact of this role on the team or organization?
Ensure equipment is reliable to support the required production inventory levels for consumer demand.
- Accurately follow detailed work instructions for processes, preventive maintenance, repairs, and safety
- Safely and effectively operate industrial forklifts, manlifts and two-ton trucks.
- Maintains and repairs all electrical and electronic devices associated with equipment, machinery, or facility
- Designs and assembles electrical control cabinets.
- Program, troubleshoot and repair all electronic controls and industrial control systems on production
equipment and facilities.
- Interacts and provides guidance to management, in determining the best engineered solutions for efficient
production of high-quality products.
- Provide 80% mechanical work and 20% electrical work during normal operations.
- Strong working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and electronic systems and good trouble-shooting skills.
- Thorough mechanical/electrical background with experience in manufacturing equipment (conveyors, bearings, etc), welding, pipefitting, boiler operations, and air lines.
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- Extensive knowledge of PLC systems.
- Good troubleshooting abilities.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong mechanical and mathematical aptitude.
- Attention to detail, proactivity, and effective follow-through.
- Physical requirements: Walking, climbing, stooping, reaching, lifting to 100 pounds, and working at heights to 25 feet.
Education / Qualifications / Certifications Required
- High School Diploma and minimum of 5 years industrial electronic experience; Or Associate Degree in Electronics or completed two years toward an engineering degree at an accredited university.
- Required to have valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving report.
- Reading for Information or Workplace Documents @ Level 6; Applied Math @ Level 5; Graphic Literacy @ Level 4; Applied Technology @ Level 5; Workplace Observation @ Level 3 (preferred).
- Prefer 3 years industrial electronic experience in maintaining electronic and
electrical systems in a manufacturing environment.
IS THIS ROLE IS FOR YOU?
- Are you able to work in high/low temperature environments?
- Are you able to meet all physical requirements for the job: Walking, climbing, stooping, reaching, lifting to 100 pounds, and working at heights to 25 feet?
- Competitive annual salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
We offer very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave; Also Parental leave/Reduced Work Schedule
- Confidential personal financial counselling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that welcome opportunities for growth. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About our organization:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Modoral Brands Inc.; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; Reynolds Brands, Inc.; Vuse Stores LLC; Kentucky BioProcessing, Inc.; RAI Services Company and Reynolds Marketing Services Company. This position is with [[custContractualLE]]. Job Number: [[id]]