Global Management Trainee - Business Communications & Sustainability (BC&S)Apply Job ID 41156 Date posted 10/13/2021
Reynolds American is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Management Trainee.
FUNCTION: Business Communications & Sustainability.
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
This person will help build and enhance the reputations of our companies, functions and brands, with a focus on writing, research and project management.
What is the direct impact of this role on the team or organization?
This person will engage with stakeholders across the organization and support initiatives that impact our brands, various business functions and our reputation both internally and externally.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Support campaigns to build and enhance corporate and brand reputations.
- Drive employee engagement and awareness through compelling internal communications, including posting on the intranet, supporting employee events and other activities.
- Serve as a representative for the organization and brands through written materials and event attendance.
- Thoroughly research and benchmark our activities vs. competitors and industry on topics related to Environment, Social, Governance & Health (ESG), social media, etc.
- Manage projects for internal and external communications campaigns.
- Help create and post digital content to corporate websites and social media.
- Come up with unique storytelling ideas to engage both internal and external audiences related to the various BC&S activities and client requests.
- Assist on government relations, policy and regulatory communications and materials creation.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Are you passionate about storytelling through compelling content?
- Are you familiar with making complex ideas approachable to various audiences?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- 1-3 years of experience in communications, journalism, marketing or related field.
- Writing journalistically for materials such as articles, blog posts, talking points, social media content, speeches, etc.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Editing for concise, clear messages.
- Previous exposure to complex organizations, such as multi-national, matrixed companies, preferred.
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a comprehensive understanding of AP Style.
- Ability to take complex topics and make them approachable for stakeholder groups with various levels of understanding.
- Self-starter that is comfortable navigating ambiguity.
- Adept at using and learning various digital content management systems (CMS), including WordPress, Hootsuite and similar platforms.
Education / Qualifications / Certifications Required
- A bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or related field.
- A focus on or previous experience in political science or public health.
- Passion for Environment, Social, Governance & Health (ESG) and corporate responsibility.
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
- Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
Our company offers very competitive benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth. (401k) contributions up to six percent.
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package.
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service.
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave, and jury duty leave; Also Parental leave/Reduced Work Schedule.
- Confidential personal financial counselling service.
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers.
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice.
- Health-care advocacy service.
- Volunteer service opportunities.
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union.
- Extensive training opportunities.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that welcome opportunities for growth. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences, and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at TalentAcquisition@RJRT.com.
About our organization:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Modoral Brands Inc.; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; Reynolds Brands, Inc.; Vuse Stores LLC; Kentucky BioProcessing, Inc.; RAI Services Company and Reynolds Marketing Services Company. This position is with [[ZZCompany]] Job Number: [[id]]