Global Management Trainee - Human ResourcesApply Job ID 41522 Date posted 11/16/2021
Reynolds American is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Management Trainee.
LOCATION:Human Resources (Rewards, Talent & Organizational Effectiveness, HR Services).
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
Reynolds American, Inc. (RAI), part of British American Tobacco (BAT), is a world-leading manufacturer that’s transforming the tobacco industry through innovation. Every day, our people, workplaces and brands set us apart as we create a future that redefines the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century. Our portfolio of brands includes Newport, Camel, Grizzly and Vuse.
What is the Global Graduate Program (GGP)?
Our Global Graduate Program (GGP) is an entry-level opportunity designed for recent graduates who want to fast-track their career, globally. BAT is a market leader in over 55 countries with over 55,000 employees. The GGP prepares you for a management role within one year, with international career opportunities across BAT’s footprint.
Become a Global Graduate in Human Resources (HR)
As a Global Graduate in HR, you’ll learn the business of human resources from top to bottom, inside and out. Our HR team is made up of four Centers of Excellence – Talent and Organizational Effectiveness, HR Services, Rewards & Employment Law and Employee Relations. While you’ll be assigned to one COE, you may have the opportunity to get exposure to each of these COEs as part of your immersion in the HR business. You’ll develop remarkable skills in human resources management, understand best practices and learn how human resources partners with functional leaders throughout the organization to achieve business results.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
The GGP offers:
- Fast-track career progression.
- Intensive, hands-on training and support.
- International opportunity.
- Year-long foundation-building program, in which you’ll:
- Understand our consumers and our competitors.
- Get hands-on experience in our retail environment.
- On-the-job training in a role making an impact from day one.
- Engage in an experiential journey to fully understand our business.
- Global Graduates participate in a 2-week intensive learning and networking experience in the UK, the Global Graduate Academy, during which you’ll develop an understanding of our global business strategy.
- Global Graduates are assigned a mentor to support learning and development through continuous feedback, coaching and evaluation.
- Conduct research and data analysis to support key HR initiatives (rewards, services, talent and organizational effectiveness), and leverage insights to inform overall HR strategies.
- Support the design and implementation of rewards strategies and initiatives.
- Activate campus and early career recruitment strategies via the internship and global graduate programs.
- Facilitate learning and development offerings and talent management processes
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Global mobility.
- High academic performance.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong business acumen and a strategic mindset.
- Intellectual curiosity and ambition
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- Bold and creative thinkers who thrive in collaborative environments.
- Committed to making an impact and driving results.
- Eager to embrace change in a fast-paced environment.
Education / Qualifications / Certifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or a related field.
- 0-3 years of experience in human resources or a related field.
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
- Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
Our company offers very competitive benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth. (401k) contributions up to six percent.
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package.
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service.
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave, and jury duty leave; Also Parental leave/Reduced Work Schedule.
- Confidential personal financial counselling service.
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers.
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice.
- Health-care advocacy service.
- Volunteer service opportunities.
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union.
- Extensive training opportunities.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that welcome opportunities for growth. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences, and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at TalentAcquisition@RJRT.com.
About our organization:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Modoral Brands Inc.; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; Reynolds Brands, Inc.; Vuse Stores LLC; Kentucky BioProcessing, Inc.; RAI Services Company and Reynolds Marketing Services Company. This position is with [[ZZCompany]] Job Number: [[id]]