Lead Manager - Business ReportingApply Job ID 41152 Date posted 10/13/2021
Reynolds American is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Junior Level
FUNCTION: Marketing – SP&I (Data Driven Team)
LOCATION: Winston-Salem, NC
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
- This role provides designs, executes, and communicates analysis and information delivery to support corporate objectives. Understands and assists in developing the vision and strategy within the key business area supported. Provides value by applying understanding of the tobacco industry, consumers and brands to craft and execute analysis projects.
- Has established credibility and consistently demonstrates analytical, influencing and presentation skills. Actively facilitates the development of self and mentoring of others, embracing the expectation of individual development, to improve proficiencies and enable achievement of departmental and functional objectives.
- Differentiator: This position is responsible for managing the delivery of RMSC’s information assets to Reynolds and its Operating Companies through its analytical information environments. The role is responsible for researching, developing, and delivering to upper management the information needed to support the business decision making process.
SP&I Director - Self Service Analytics
Number of Direct Reports
Internal - SP&I Activation Team, extended SP&I Team, Brand Finance, Activation SMEs
External - Research Agencies
- Collaborate with business and technical teams to understand and gather requirements, design, and implement reporting solutions to meet business needs, and troubleshoot report/data issues.
- Craft and develop high-impact dashboards, scorecards, and interactive reports in the company’s MicroStrategy environment.
- Build solutions to export or link MicroStrategy outputs into Excel or PowerPoint in order create PowerPoint Deliverables.
- Assist with training, developing, and coaching functional users to continuously improve their business intelligence skills.
- Drive data quality of all marketing information assets:
- Work with other functions to address improvements
- Maintain quality assurance standards as identified by Data Governance policies
- Information scope:
- Shipments to Retail (STR) and Shipments to Wholesale (STW)
- Retail Scan Data (RSD) and Retail Off-take Data (Marlin)
- Identify opportunities to streamline and/or automate processes utilizing tools and process improvements.
- Identify and apply optimization and tuning of report query for improved performance.
- Provide guidance and management of external vendors/contractors for ad-hoc reporting projects
- 3+ years’ experience analysing syndicated and internal business reports
- 3+ years’ experience in Business Intelligence Tools (e.g. MicroStrategy, Power BI, Tableau), Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- Demonstrates a positive, solution-oriented attitude.
- Excellent communication skills, with specific expertise in developing/delivering compelling presentations.
- Strong conceptual thinker, with ability to analyse and grasp an entire situation quickly from many perspectives and create well-reasoned strategies and solutions
- Is future-oriented and can articulate visions of possibilities
- Strong collaboration skills, with ability to influence and achieve consensus up, down and across the organization
- Strong project management skills, with ability to manage competing priorities and multiple work streams
- Decisive, with demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and shifting demands
Education / Qualifications / Certifications Required
- Associate Degree Required (BS preferred)
- Marketing, Business, Information Systems, or related field
- Advanced Certifications in MicroStrategy, Power BI/Power Apps or Tableau
- Technical Background with demonstrated ability to understand business drivers and drive change
QUALIFYING QUESTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
- Are you proficient with MicroStrategy, Tableau, or any other comparable BI Tools?
- Do you have recent experience with generating retail reports?
- Competitive annual salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
We offer very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave, and jury duty leave; Also, Parental leave/Reduced Work Schedule
- Confidential personal financial counselling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility, and creativity for motivated employees that welcome opportunities for growth. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences, and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About our organization:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Modoral Brands Inc.; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; Reynolds Brands, Inc.; Vuse Stores LLC; Kentucky BioProcessing, Inc.; RAI Services Company and Reynolds Marketing Services Company. This position is with [[ZZCompany]]. Job Number: [[id]]
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN — A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
• Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
• Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
• Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
• Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
• Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
• Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity, and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!