Sr Scientist ToxicologistApply Job ID 40828 Date posted 10/13/2021
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Junior Level
FUNCTION:Scientific and Regulatory Affairs, Modern Oral Submissions
LOCATION:Winston Salem, NC
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The Regulatory Submissions team at RAIS is seeking a Senior Scientist to support the development of new products and the submission of pre-market clearance applications of new products consistent with RAIS' Growth, Innovation, and Harm Reduction Platforms.
The incumbent will be required to provide stewardship and regulatory support for consumer products, critically assess a broad range of toxicological information, evaluate chemical and toxicological data, develop technical documents on a variety of scientific and risk assessment topics, and assist with the preparation and/or review of information supporting regulatory submissions. The individual will be required to interact cross-functionally, throughout the enterprise and globally, as well as develop and/or lead multiple projects and scientific programs aligned with product and process-related strategies for future market introductions.
Reports to: Senior Manager S&RA Modern Oral Submissions
Reporting Level: 0
Geographic Scope: Winston Salem, NC
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Provide stewardship support across products, materials, ingredients, technologies, manufacturing processes, etc.
- Develop technical documents related to various scientific, risk assessment, and regulatory topics, including toxicological data summaries, presentations, and peer-reviewed publications
- Manage project plans and timelines with global stakeholders
- Serve as a technical writer contributing scientific and regulatory expertise in the development and assembly of regulatory submissions, amendments, and correspondence
- Prepare data/information to support regulatory submissions, amendments, and correspondence
- Collaborate with various stakeholder groups (e.g., Product Development, Consumer Marketing, Product Services, Manufacturing Operations, Legal, etc.)
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you like working in a team to achieve a common goal?
- Do you like a diverse and fulfilling work environment?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Experience applying Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA) approaches to the preparation of human health risk assessments
- Experience organizing and working with large sets of data and information
- Strong scientific and technical writing skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and execute multiple projects often under heightened time constraints
- Expertise in utilizing web searches and scientific databases for bibliographic research and scientific monitoring
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software with advanced ability to generate spreadsheets and tables.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, and written/oral communication skills.
- PhD in Pharmacology, Toxicology, Biological Sciences, Chemistry or related discipline
- MS in Toxicology, Pharmacology, or related discipline
- 1-3 years of experience conducting risk assessments of consumer products (e.g., food, dietary supplements, cosmetics, household products), medical devices, pharmaceuticals, or chemicals
- Postdoctoral experience/post-graduate work in toxicology
- Experience with pharmacology, food safety, or consumer product evaluation in a professional setting
- Experience with evaluation of non-clinical toxicological studies
- Experience with the preparation of documents used to support regulatory submissions
- Basic understanding of tobacco/nicotine products
- Self-motivated and works with a sense of urgency
- Ability to successfully navigate an ambiguous work environment with evolving priorities
- Competitive annual salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
We offer very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave; Also Parental leave/Reduced Work Schedule
- Confidential personal financial counselling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that welcome opportunities for growth. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at email@example.com.
About our organization:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Modoral Brands Inc.; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; Reynolds Brands, Inc.; Vuse Stores LLC; Kentucky BioProcessing, Inc.; RAI Services Company and Reynolds Marketing Services Company. This position is with [[ZZCompany]]. Job Number: [[id]]
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN — A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
• Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
• Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
• Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
• Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
• Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
• Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!