Summer 2022 Leaf Operations InternshipApply Job ID 41034 Date posted 10/08/2021
Reynolds American is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A Leaf Management Intern
SENIORITY LEVEL: Intern
LOCATION: Winston-Salem, NC
Role positioning and objectives
This role is part of leaf operations.
It’s time to put what you’ve learned in the classroom to work as a Leaf Management Intern. At Reynolds American, Inc., we’re creating a better tomorrow for adult tobacco consumers. This summer, you’ll play a key role in real-world projects, working alongside established professionals who want to help you succeed. Previous Leaf Operations Interns have made their mark working on innovative and creative projects that delivered incredible results and value. Now, you can be next.
Reports to: Manager, Leaf Operations
‘Role Summary’ section of JD)-may delete as applicable>
What you will be accountable for
- Working with the domestic & global leaf purchasing team
- Delivering a creative and challenging ongoing Agricultural Research project
- Collaborating with internal and external functional teams
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you have a passion for working in Agriculture?
- Are you ready to put your classroom learning to use in a real-world setting?
Essential experience, skills and knowledge
- Pursing an undergraduate degree in Agricultural Science, Soil Science, Agricultural Business Management or International Business
- Extensive use, understanding, and proficiencies with Microsoft Excel
- Relocation to Winston-Salem, NC for the duration of the summer internship program
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
- Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
Our company offers very competitive benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave; Also Parental leave/Reduced Work Schedule
- Confidential personal financial counseling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that welcome opportunities for growth. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at TalentAcquisition@RJRT.com.
About our organization:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Modoral Brands Inc.; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; Reynolds Brands, Inc.; Vuse Stores LLC; Kentucky BioProcessing, Inc.; RAI Services Company and Reynolds Marketing Services Company. This position is with [[ZZCompany]] Job Number: [[id]]